Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Confess




Can I sing you a song
About what happens when you're gone?
My whole world seems to fall
And I don't feel like myself at all....

I must confess that it's true
That I'm nothing without you.
We're two souls turned into one
Cuz without you I feel undone.

Can I sing you a song
About what happens when you're gone?
Everything around comes crashing down
And I find myself on the ground.


I must confess that it's true-
That I'm nothing without you.
We are two souls turned into one,
Cuz without you I feel undone.


I must confess that it's true-
That I'm nothing without you.
We are two souls turned into one,
Cuz without you I feel undone.

Marriage is hard.  And it has ebbs and flows.  Ups and downs.  Times when you feel like you're on top of the world, and times when you feel like you're in a tunnel with no light.  That's the point of the "For Better or for Worse" part of the vows.  There are going to be times in your marriage when you think it would be easier to just leave.  But really?  Would it?  When you were married you became two souls turned into one.  Can your body really be better without one of it's arms?  You know the term "Phantom Pains"...  When an amputee feels the body part that has been amputated.  I believe every victim of divorce experiences these also, pain for the loss of that part of their soul.  Sure, you can go on with your life, and move on with someone else, and maybe even be happy with that person.  But it will always be that you will experience these pains from time to time.  Long after it is done and over with.
If you are in a "For worse part" of your marriage, I encourage you to bring your problems to the Lord in prayer rather than fight it out with your spouse.  Talking to Him prevents you from saying something you can't take back later that can hurt your spouse.  It is not God's desire for your marriage to end.  Our God is a sovereign God that can do all things.

Whatever you do, don't quit.  Show your spouse they can count on you by always being there, and never using leaving as an out when times get tough.

 

No comments: