Saturday, January 08, 2011

Goals

Do you have goals?  I mean long range goals for your marriage?  I got to thinking about this as we said goodbye to a decade on New Years.  We have decades in marriage, decades in life.  Many people make New Year's Resolutions for their life.  Things like "lose weight", "be financially secure", "get organized".  Do you do this for your marriage too?

As we enter a new decade, I want to challenge you to think about what your goals are for your marriage over the next 10 years.  I strongly believe that thinking long-term is a major part of lasting marriages.  If you can't see yourself with your spouse in ten years you need to do something now to rectify that.

Another blog I read is doing a romance series and she had an idea for Date Night of the Month Club.  I think this is such a great idea.  We talk about how we should do a date night, but she actually went through and planned them out for the year to minimize excuses that could cause them not to have their date night.  You could even incorporate your long range goals into your date nights :)

So, let's make some time this month to sit down with our spouse and seriously talk about our goals for our marriage.

1 comment:

Jessica R said...

Well you know Mike and I take separate vacations usually but I already have short trips planned out for different months for us to take throughout 2011 nice change of pace for us :)